An Introduction to Asset-Backed Securities – [Best Udemy Coupons]
An Introduction to Asset-Backed Securities
What Will I Learn?
- explain benefits of securitization for economies and financial markets;
- describe securitization, including the parties involved in the process and the roles they play;
- describe typical structures of securitizations, including credit tranching and time tranching;
- describe types and characteristics of residential mortgage loans that are typically securitized;
- describe types and characteristics of residential mortgage-backed securities, including mortgage pass-through securities and collateralized mortgage obligations, and explain the cash flows and risks for each type;
- define prepayment risk and describe the prepayment risk of mortgage-backed securities;
- describe characteristics and risks of commercial mortgage-backed securities;
- describe types and characteristics of non-mortgage asset-backed securities, including the cash flows and risks of each type;
- describe collateralized debt obligations, including their cash flows and risks.
- Basic understanding of Fixed income instruments is good to have
- Access to a computer / android with internet access is required
This course discusses the benefits of securitization, describes securitization, and explains the investment characteristics of different types of Asset Backed Securities (ABS). The terminology regarding ABS varies by jurisdiction. A mortgage-backed security (MBS) is an ABS backed by a pool of mortgages, and a distinction is sometimes made between MBS and ABS backed by non-mortgage assets. This distinction is common in the United States, for example, where typically the term “mortgage-backed securities” refers to securities backed by high-quality real estate mortgages and the term “asset-backed securities” refers to securities backed by other types of assets. Because the US ABS market is the largest in the world, much of the discussion and many examples in this reading refer to the United States.
This course will help the student understand the importance of securitization from a macroeconomic perspective. I will be discussing the benefits of securitization for economies and financial markets, talking about securitization and identifying the parties involved in the process and their roles. I shall also discusses typical structures of securitizations, including credit tranching and time tranching. Further more, I will be talking about securities backed by mortgages for real estate property, focusing on the types of residential mortgage designs, residential MBS and commercial MBS, respectively. I will conclude the course with a lecture on Collateralized debt obligations.
This course is very useful for anyone interested in entering the Fixed Income field of Investments, especially those entering the ABS arena.
Who is the target audience?
- Students interested in learning about Fixed Income instruments
- Students who would like to learn about ABS, MBS, CBOs and other financial instruments issued through securitization
- This is a sub topic of “Fixed Income Fundamentals” and is taught with that subject, so any one enrolled in that course doesn’t need to enroll separately for this course
Similar Course You Need Check:
Beginner to Pro in Excel: Financial Modeling and Valuation – Udemy Best Seller
The Complete Financial Analyst Course 2018 – Udemy Best Seller
udemy coupon reddit
udemy promo video
how to get free udemy courses
get any udemy course for free
complete python bootcamp udemy coupon