Depression: dealing With it I ( updated) – [Udemy Free Coupon]
Depression: dealing With it I ( updated)
What Will I Learn?
- How depression is treated in theatre and cinema. Some steps that may be taken to reduce depression. Useful websites. A crowdfunding campaign to promote a film and group dealing with depression.
- 1. Specific software. No specific software is required – if you can access this then you can access the course
- 2. Additional materials. It would be handy if you had a pen/paper with you in case you wanted to make a note of the website links or even the key points of a lecture. Also, perhaps the phone numbers of your friends. There may be key lectures you wish to bring to their attention, or perhaps you just feel now is a good time to chat.
- 3. Appropriate mindset. This course is not a loss leader. This is a course aimed at helping reduce depression. So the mindset I would like you to bring is simply – spread the word, in a sense we all have something to gain.
- 4. As there are links given in the lectures you should be able to use the internet – make sure you have anti-virus software that is up to date!
This course was originally divided into ten lectures but we expanded it a little as a crowd funding campaign caught our eye and so we have an extra lecture about the campaign, an interview with the producer and some useful websites. The total lecture time is about two hours – think how much can be learnt in that time! BUT this is not a course just about watching and listening. It is about learning and putting into action. Maybe you know someone who is depressed. Maybe YOU are depressed. This course is about helping, helping you and enabling you to help others. Comments and questions are always welcome – and they are usually responded to within 24 hours.
Lecture 1 distinguishes between stress, anxiety and depression. The lecture concludes with the symptoms of depression. Lecture 2 deals with the influence of the arts in particular theatre and shows how theatre – involvement – can reduce depression.
Lecture 3 outlines current government policy (and the policy of the Official Opposition) on the Arts.
Lectures 4 and 5 return to theatre and how involvement in theatre can reduce depression.
Lecture 5 in particular shows how acting may be therapy.
Lectures 6 and 7 show how improvisation in particular may be therapeutic for those suffering from depression.
Lecture 8 is a spoof video on drama therapy. It is made up of outtakes from a film about a family playing monopoly. All the links in the film are genuine and it has a serious message to put across.
Lecture 9 deals with the differences between theatre and cinema.
Lecture 10 explains how cinema portrays – and can be used to reduce – depression. Various films are suggested.
Lectures 11 and 12 describe the crowd funding campaign for a film produced by a 17 year old male who himself has suffered from depression.
Lecture 12 is an interview with the young producer.
Lecture 13 shows the results received when the question ‘Which is the best movie to watch when you are depressed?’ was asked.
The closing lecture, lecture 14, talks the viewer through two websites that provide further resources to investigate when dealing with depression.
The Instructor runs a theatre in Oxford but has also acted in numerous films for other organisations. He brings to the course practical examples from plays and films as well as discussion of resources.
The overall purpose of this course is to provide ways in which depression may be reduced but also to raise awareness. According to the World Health Organisation, 300 million people worldwide suffer from depression. This course should be seen as just a few steps to try and reduce the problem, the sadness and the despair.
Who is the target audience?
- Anyone, young or old, may suffer from or know someone suffering from, depression. Globally, more than 300 million people of all ages suffer from depression. Globally, more than 300 million people of all ages suffer from depression. Globally 300 million people suffer from depression. (Source: WHO Feb. 2017)
Similar Course You Need Check:
Depression Counselling Diploma: Advanced Level -Professional – Udemy Best Seller
Depression Breakthrough: How To End The Cycle of Depression – Udemy Best Seller
udemy november coupon
udemy 75 discount
udemy today’s free coupon code
udemy 15 dollar sale
udemy summer sale