[Udemy Discount Code] – Mass Transfer: Diffusion & Convection
Learn the mass transfer mechanisms and how to model them for further Mass Transfer Unit Operation Equipment Design.
- Model Mass Transfer Processes
- Understand the Mass Transfer Mechanism
- Learn about Convection and Diffusion
- Be ready for a Separation Process and/or Mass Transfer Unit Operations Course
- Mass & Energy Balances
- Basic Heat Transfer
- Basic Momentum Transfer
- Basic Transport Phenomena (Momentum, Heat)
Your Mass Transfer Unit Operation and Separation Process Career starts with the understanding of the phenomena occurring in the molecular level.
Understanding how equilibrium and diffusion helps mass transfer between phases will let you understand how several equipment works, such as Flashing Drums, Absorbers, Distillation Columns, Extractors, etc…
We will cover:
- Introduction to Mass Transfer, its importance and role in Separation Processes
- Diffusion: Fick’s Law
- The mathematical models required (flux equation, continuity equation, differential equation
- Diffusion Coefficients: Estimation and Calculation via Correlations
- Steady-State Diffusion: (equimolar counterflow diffusion, unimolecular diffusion)
- Unsteady-State Diffusion
- Mass transfer coefficients
- Dimensionless numbers: Reynolds, Sherwood, Prandtl, Nusselt, etc…
- Laminar Flow Mass Transfer Models (Falling Film, Boundary Layers)
- Turbulent Flow Mass Transfer Models
- Fluid-Fluid Theory (Film, Penetration, Surface Renewal theories)
- Interphase Theory (Two-film Theory + Overall Mass Transfer)
- Stage Operations
- Counter-current & Cross-current Operation
All theory is backed with exercises, solved problems, and proposed problems for homework/individual study.
At the end of the course:
You will be able to understand mass transfer mechanism and processes which are required for further Equipment Design and Operation. You will be able to continue with a Mass Transfer Unit Operation Course and/or Separation Processes Course.
About your instructor:
I majored in Chemical Engineering with a minor in Industrial Engineering back in 2012.
I worked as a Process Design/Operation Engineer in INEOS Koln, mostly on the petrochemical area relating to naphtha treating. There I designed and modeled several processes relating separation of isopentane/pentane mixtures, catalytic reactors and separation processes such as distillation columns, flash separation devices and transportation of tank-trucks of product.
- Chemical Engineers refreshing their Mass Transfer and Separation Processes course
- Students on the relevant fields (chemical, mechanical, process engineering)
- Teachers / Professors requiring extra knowledge on Mass Transfer
how to find free udemy courses
udemy gift certificate
udemy credits free
how to access udemy for free